L-Users

interzone55 16:01 27 Aug 07

Just found this link, PC's returned to Gateway for repair.

click here

I used to work for a large PC service centre, but never thought to take photographs of the PC's. I had some fantastic returns, one came in totally burnt out, the owner claims that it set on fire over-night, so we passed the PC on to the fire-brigade to have a look at, they found the remains of shredded paper. It seems the owner stuffed it full of paper for some reason. We sent it back with a polite note suggesting he didn't try that trick again.

Quite often we simply got PCs returned with the address label stuck to the case, no return address details, RMA number or anything. With these we would boot them up and have a delve round My Documents for some clue to the owner, if they wouldn't boot, or we couldn't find anything out we would put them to one side until the owner phoned up asking for their PC back. Some PCs on the untraceable rack had been there for a couple of years.

I could go on... or maybe I should write a book.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:11 27 Aug 07

Some good pics there.

I like the idea of inserting the visa cards in the floppy. Perhaps he thought the cash would come out of the printer?

spuds 16:25 27 Aug 07

It's a pity that someone as not thought about doing 'How the PC service centre screwed my computer up', now that might make interesting viewing or reading.

darkreign 17:48 27 Aug 07

...what do you use to do with the pc's that never got claimed? Do you flog them off on the cheap?

interzone55 17:58 27 Aug 07

After a year they tended to be cannibalised to repair old PCs where parts were no longer available.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac