Konfabulator Is Now Free

powerless 19:37 25 Jul 05

click here

Pimp ye d'top click here

*Yahoo! plans to refund customers that purchased Konfabulator in the last two months.*

Forum Editor 23:15 25 Jul 05

Is it worth having?

Ancient Learner 16:55 26 Jul 05

The temptation is too too much.

It sounds wonderful. What on earth is it?

Charence 17:32 26 Jul 05

thanks for the link...however I'm still a bit confused about what it is. Some of it looks similar to that Mac Tiger feature, is it like that?

powerless 18:21 26 Jul 05

It allows for Widgets to be displayed on your Desktop. These widgets, well can be anything from displaying TV listings, system info, Courier tracking information, 6 Day weather forecasts...

FE - It has it's uses.

Charence - You mean Dashboard? Then yes...

What's a widget? click here_(computing)

Charence 20:03 26 Jul 05

I now see that it can be whatever you want it be (or so it says)...quite like the weather feature

click here

Ancient Learner 20:47 26 Jul 05

Thanks. I think! Trivia Quizzes come to mind. -:))

Charence 11:58 27 Jul 05

the weather widget doesn't seem to work all of the time. It won't load the weather for Worksop, Sheffield or Nottingham, but has no problem loading the data for London :-( Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Cheers

interzone55 12:41 27 Jul 05

The weather feature takes data from a US website, so it only recognises major cities outside the US.

I've been using Konfabultor on & off for some time (too long to be eligable for a refund) and love it, the analogue clock is my favourite widget, along with the aero stickies.

Kate B 14:13 27 Jul 05

I like Konfabulator ... much as I like Dashboard in Tiger. But then I've got a big monitor and the widgets aren't intrusive. I had it for a while on my old machine and finally removed it cos the widgets were too in yer face on a 17" monitor.

John B 21:59 27 Jul 05

I've downloaded the software and I think it's great (especially the weather feature)!

John

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…