Knighted for Leukaemia Research

MrNerdy 08:46 01 Jun 07

Seems for raising £10 Million for Leukaemia Research click here & cutting the survival rate from 80% to 20% ex-England cricketer Ian Botham is to me knighted by the Queen in her Birthday Honours for his great work.

Following on from another thread this honour is richly deserved.

GANDALF <|:-)> 08:48 01 Jun 07

'cutting the survival rate from 80% to 20%'...that would surely work against him gaining an honour ;-))

G

MrNerdy 08:55 01 Jun 07

Sorry mis-print should have been those that die from it has been cut from 80% to 20%.

DrScott 18:53 01 Jun 07

Ian Botham has raised £10 million for Leukaemia Research - marvellous!

However Ian Botham has not improved the survival rate to %80 - surely that's been the job of the scientists and medical type people?!

A knighthood? Good for him. Though I'm not entirely sure what gongs are really for nowadays or what their point is.

MrNerdy 12:02 02 Jun 07

For 1 person to raise £10 Million these days is seemed a worthy cause.
If you had donated £10 Million to Labour you probably would be made a Duke!

bordercomp 12:16 02 Jun 07

Or a Czar if you'd raised the money for the Blairs themseves, mortgages and Cheries gear to pay for on Ebay you know, seroiusly I think Bothams effort deserves a 'Sir' more than one who shall be nameless kicking a ball about AND getting mucho dinero for doing it.

Tony.

DrScott 13:21 02 Jun 07

now did I? :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…