Knife sales plummet

smartpoly 13:58 20 Jul 09

as diners choose to eat with just a fork.
click here

I cannot ever rember eating with just a fork!

fingers only on many an occasion though.

Brumas 14:15 20 Jul 09

How does one manage to cut one's meat then?

Quickbeam 14:26 20 Jul 09

That's why I don't like the MacDonald's type of eating experience. We're getting a generation of kids that can't comprehend table etiquette for any formal dinner occasion.

Bingalau 14:28 20 Jul 09

Mummy cuts it in to bite size portions before serving it up..

Brumas 14:30 20 Jul 09

LOL

dagbladet 14:46 20 Jul 09

I prefer to eat with just a fork. Generally it's easier. On the rare occassion that I attend a formal function (PM and CDS last week) I am just about able to get by without too much embarassment. One finds that if the meat is tender, the side of one's fork copes admirably, if a knife is required, one simply uses any of the vast array that one finds to the right of ones plate. One's mummy is rarely required to cut.

wiz-king 16:50 20 Jul 09

Portions are getting smaller?

Brumas 18:00 20 Jul 09

Just as long as it is reflected in the price but, having said that I still would use a knife to 'push' it onto the fork.

Brumas 18:02 20 Jul 09

Hang about - not all of us are ex-booties ;o) Just re-read what you wrote!

laurie53 08:38 21 Jul 09

Because my wife can only use one hand she uses a "cutting" fork.

I realised a month or so ago that I had got into the habit of just using a fork myself.

I now make a conscious effort to return to the more civilized norms of behaviour (civilized to me that is, the rest of you can please yourselves!)

Americans, of course, rarely, if ever, use knives, and I have, in the past, been the subject of intense interest when eating in US mess halls and the like!

Armchair 10:17 21 Jul 09

Most of the main meals I prepare require a knife and fork, you can buy a perfectly good sixteen piece cutlery set for a fiver anyway, and those alleged meals shown in that article look bloody awful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…