Knickerbocker Glory

morddwyd 21:25 09 Feb 11

I recently ordered a Knickerbocker Glory in an ice cream parlour, a real ice cream parlour in a dairy farm, not a coffee shop sideline, and when it arrived it had no ice cream.

When I complained I was told that their Knickerbocker Glory had no ice cream in it.

Now I know that KGs vary in make up from place to place, but was I being overly optimistic in expecting ice cream in a KG, in a proper, old fashioned (Ha!) ice cream parlour?

john bunyan 21:33 09 Feb 11

I think you have a case under the Sale of Goods Act, as the goods were not of the description.(Unless the lack of Ice cream was clearly stated on the Menu. See here for a definition:

click here

I think you could go in for a "proper" one free of charge (Unless the shop is owned by a large Sicicilian with "connections" Good luck.

peter99co 22:00 09 Feb 11

Where this mock ice cream shop is because I am sure we would all like to know.

Bingalau 22:01 09 Feb 11

Blimey another co-incidence. I made a dish full of jelly a couple of days ago for my grand-children who failed to arrive. So tonight I sliced up a banana stuck it in a dish full of the jelly with a dollop of vanilla ice cream and some single cream on top of that. It went down very easily too and was delicious. (What diet?) I suppose it was a knickerbocker glory in a dish instead of a glass. I've only ever seen pictures of them in glasses.

peter99co 22:36 09 Feb 11

click here

Try this for size. :0)

spuds 22:48 09 Feb 11

The Boon Bang in Brunei Town, after a late night movie ;o)

Woolwell 23:18 09 Feb 11

An adult version of a knickerbocker glory click here but do not drive afterwards.

Legolas 08:38 10 Feb 11

Did you subsequently pay for the icecreamless KG?

I would have showed them an empty wallet, oh look I have a wallet with no money ;)

eikonuj 18:30 10 Feb 11

No Knickerbocker Glory in Angs Hotel, cant remember The Boon Bang, but I went to a few late night movies.

oresome 19:56 10 Feb 11

I'm not saying I'm a fan of KGs, but we do have a set of glasses and long spoons.

Come to that, we also have a set of dishes for bannana splits.

Roll on summer.

PS
Both are most definitely made with copious quantities of ice cream.

spuds 23:15 10 Feb 11

I remember Angs when it was the 'poshest' hotel in Brunei Town. The old Brunei and Capital was the usual 'when in town' haunts.

I said Bang it should have been Pang, perhaps to much kopi susu ;o).

The Boon Pang Baru cinema was near the tennis playing fields and police barracks (they were demolished in 1984 I believe) The Boon Pang was used as a rebel detention centre in 1962.

Still the best Knickerbocker Glory, a pure gem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017