'Kill switch' dropped from Vista

Seth Haniel 13:49 04 Dec 07

click here

Microsoft is to withdraw an anti-piracy tool from Windows Vista, which disables the operating system when invoked, following customer complaints.
The so-called "kill switch" is designed to prevent users with illegal copies of Vista from using certain features.

anskyber 13:59 04 Dec 07

A pity, illegal copies should be killed in my view.

Totally-braindead 14:06 04 Dec 07

If they could design it properly so it only affected illegal copies then I would have no problem with it. However since it affects some legal copies as well I think they have had no choice but to remove it.
Funny isn't it though, they can design an operating system and cannot seem to design a anti piracy program that does not effect legal copies as well. I seem to recall they did the same with XP a couple of years ago and it caused havoc with legal copies as well.

Seth Haniel 14:07 04 Dec 07

Should kill all Vista and get back to a sensible system like XP ;)

anskyber 14:10 04 Dec 07

Dinosaur!!!

ventanas 14:20 04 Dec 07

It seems to be somewhat imperfect in use, so maybe for "scrapped" we should perhaps read "postponed."

Perhaps its also time that XP was killed. A very inferior operating system.

anskyber 14:23 04 Dec 07

Turning up the temperature on a cold day I see(!) I do agree however. There should now follow a string of the usual Vista hate posts and the I love Xp bods.

ventanas 14:30 04 Dec 07

I know, that's exactly why I did it, having a quiet afternoon so far.

Seth Haniel 14:32 04 Dec 07

But happy :)

Totally-braindead 14:42 04 Dec 07

I love XP!!!

Seth Haniel 15:01 04 Dec 07

didn't work my way through DOS, Windows 3.0, 3.1 ,95 98, 98se Xp sp1 & sp2 for an operating system to come along and tell me what it wants to do. ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant