Kia Picanto Chill

exdragon 17:21 06 May 09

Anyone got one? I'm considering changing my car and have been looking at these this morning.

People in this forum usually have helpful views and comments on most things!

Woolwell 17:54 06 May 09

Have usually found the Honest John reviews to be fair click here

Belatucadrus 20:01 06 May 09

Kia are owned by Hyundai and over the past few years have improved beyond measure in terms of design and quality. That said the Picanto isn't the latest in small cars and the Hyundai I10 is much more up to date click here
Having driven a Hyundai Scoupe for 9 years and being well pleased with it, that's where my money would go if I was looking for something similar.

Stuartli 20:19 06 May 09

Don't forget the Toyota iQ, although the Hyundai i10 is a neat offering.

Stuartli 20:23 06 May 09

The Toyota Aygo offers more space if needed.

Or you could go all green and get one of those awful G-Whiz things...:-)

interzone55 20:49 06 May 09

I had a Kia Picanto for a while, I swapped it because a change of job meant I was driving 80 miles a day and needed a diesel car to cut down on costs.

I found it to be well put together, reasonably nippy around town and well specified, although the standard stereo was a bit bewildering.

Stuartli's suggestion of the Toyota iQ is good, but about £3k more expensive than the Picanto

exdragon 23:23 06 May 09

Thanks, one and all, the i10 is certainly worth looking at.

WhiteTruckMan 00:01 07 May 09

a panda diesel.

WTM

exdragon 07:34 07 May 09

Is that what your daughter bought? Or have I got the wrong forum member?

interzone55 08:49 07 May 09

I second the recommendation for the Panda diesel.

I would have bought one but the delivery time was way too long, so I bought a Skoda Fabia diesel instead, as they had one in stock. In truth the Fabia is a fantastic car, but is a bit dearer than both the Picanto & Panda.

WhiteTruckMan 09:51 07 May 09

Assuming your question was aimed at me, no, my daughter bought a 56 plate astra 1.4 five door. not what I would have recommended because of the restricted size of the rear hatch opening, but she seems happy with it. Havent had much feedback from her about it though.

Last year I bought a new 08 plate panda diesel for Mrs WTM. The dealers had a pile of them in and were knocking them out pretty sharpish at some good prices. £6700 got me a diesel with metallic paint (Herselfs choice) and aircon. I wanted a split rear seat but none were available in the right colour. Its a blast to drive, easy to park with the power steering set on city mode, cheap insurance (gp 2) £35 tax, 60 mpg round town, 68+ on a run. Boot isnt huge but handles a couple of banana boxes full of shopping with no trouble. Also got front electric windows, roof rails, remote central locking (big gripe: only get one remote keyfob, other is just a normal key) and mp3 compatable cd player.

Seriously, take one for a test drive.

WTM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…