Karaoke in the House?

spider9 11:19 AM 15 Mar 13
Answered

Karaoke

Was anyone else finding it hard to picture our MPs at a karaoke night in the Houses of Parliament?

Seems they are a regular feature.

Quickbeam 11:38 AM 15 Mar 13

Karaoke is best left to the pubs that I don't go to.

Bing.alau 12:00 PM 15 Mar 13

MP's should set the nation an example by closing all bars in Westminster Palace. They should certainly not be allowed to drink in their place of work. I am sure I was never allowed to do so apart from when I managed a pub. They obviously can't hold it anyway.

fourm member 12:24 PM 15 Mar 13

Bingalau

I'm half in agreement with you.

I do think politicians need to take alcohol more seriously and having a bar at work is a bad idea but this was the Sports & Social Club bar and, though less common these days, the works' social club used to be a common thing for larger companies.

morddwyd 19:55 PM 15 Mar 13

"I am sure I was never allowed to do so "

Wouldn't have done for me. No Naafi clubs, Mallys or Sergeants' or Officers' Mess Bars?

Aitchbee 20:13 PM 15 Mar 13
Answer

I would have to wear a suit 'n' tie to get in ... which would cramp my style ... so, thanks but no thanks.

Bing.alau 20:43 PM 15 Mar 13

morddwyd. I bet those places you mention were run to tighter rules than the ones in the Houses of Parliament. The ones I frequented were anyway. You didn't use them when you were actually on duty. If you did, then you were a very naughty lad.

finerty 20:13 PM 16 Mar 13

dont you mean a drunken brawl

finerty 21:41 PM 16 Mar 13

brawl

What a disgrace looking for a punch up MP

lotvic 23:00 PM 16 Mar 13

It is unfortunate (!) that directly underneath that story, a link to more politics stories:

"We are here to fight, PM tells party"

"David Cameron appeals to the Tory grassroots to focus on defeating Labour, saying "we are here to fight", at the party's spring conference. "

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay