'Kangaroo' stopped in its tracks

TopCat® 11:03 04 Feb 09

by the Competition Commission and the broadcasters BBC, ITV and Channel Four state in a joint statement that (quote) "While this is an unwelcome finding for the shareholders, the real losers from this decision are British consumers.

"This is a disproportionate remedy and a missed opportunity in the further development of British broadcasting." click here

Do you think this is a "missed opportunity" or is the Commission right in refusing this venture? TC.

interzone55 12:16 04 Feb 09

The commission claims that allowing this project to run would stop others from innovating.

Who are the innovators who's work is being stifled.

As far as I can tell the other companies have not produced a reliable streaming platform, and are desperate for access to auntie's iPlayer technology...

Chegs ®™ 16:06 04 Feb 09

I did a little bit of research on iPlayer,its actually Kontiki and is shared between 4oD,ITV etc so if you removed elements from iPlayer,the same would happen with 4oD.

Why insert DRM management into any of the programs downloaded? I tried to transfer a program from my desktop to the laptop & was no longer able to play the program yet if I used my TV card to view the program & recorded it via the cards software,I can transfer the file to any media I choose.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017