Just one of Mrs Beeton's archaic homilies...

Brumas 17:39 19 Jan 07

I do enjoy a nice chunk of Wenslydale with a slice of Christmas cake or with a good crisp apple. I enjoy cheese, particularly a good Stilton or blue Shropshire and who doesn’t enjoy an authentic Welsh Rarebit?

I then read “ cheese, in its commonest shape, is only fit for sedentary people as an after-dinner stimulant, and in very small quantity. Bread and cheese, as a meal, is only fit for soldiers on march or labourers in the open air, who like it because it holds the stomach a long time.” in Mrs. Beeton’s.

What the heck – I’m easily pleased.

Mr Mistoffelees 19:11 19 Jan 07

Me too Brumas, Kean's Cheddar is wonderful stuff :-)

Ho-Lin-Sok 20:12 19 Jan 07

Caerphilly open the crackers and Edam Mrs Beeton.

Brumas 20:17 19 Jan 07

Brie serious ;o)

amonra 20:18 19 Jan 07

Cheese and jam, mmmmm !

VoG II 20:21 19 Jan 07

My favourite click here

PurplePenny 20:25 19 Jan 07

I am neither a soldier on the march nor a labourer in the open air but sometimes all I want for tea after a day's work is some nice bread and cheese.

Cheddar and parkin (or ginger cake) is wonderful.

Has anyone tried Oxford Isis? Lovely cheese (but very, very, *very* smelly).

Brumas 20:29 19 Jan 07

When I was in Oberstdorf, long, long time ago I tried it, found it exquisite but unfortunately have not met it's aquaintance since.

Bingalau 20:42 19 Jan 07

I used to hate cheese as a child, but now I think it's brilliant. We eat it fried with bacon, eggs and beans in our house as a treat. ..Bingalau..

VoG II 20:48 19 Jan 07

Reblochon (and loads more cheeses) click here

I usually stock up with tobacco at Adinkerke click here then drive back to Cité Europe click here
and visit click here and click here every three months or so.

Brumas 09:07 20 Jan 07

Thanks for the links.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…