Just a MS Rant and Rave

Bob The Nob© 09:06 20 Apr 05

Am I right by saying that MS can not ship Media Player with its next windows version in the EU??
Does this include England??
If so will MS put Media Player on sale for a stupid amount?
Because if they do, the computer illiterate will buy it because MS is a name brand. And if they do sell it, it won't be that much better will it? Because I am sick and tired of ppl saying MS are great and they love all of their products but they haven't tried owt else so they can't say it great or not.

Thanks for reading my rant.
Got some steam of my head
Bob T Nob

Monument 09:28 20 Apr 05

Microsoft will offer two version of XP one with and one without Media Player. The one without will be XP N.

Both will be the same price so no one will be ripped off.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:32 20 Apr 05

You are free to use any other media player as default and have been for yonks /eyes raise

G

Belatucadrus 12:53 20 Apr 05

It's also futile to blame Microsoft as this particular act of genius is due to some bureaucratic jerk from Brussels flexing his EU muscles in defence of the poor euro consumer whose life had been shattered by the appalling Bill giving him one of the better media players for nowt, when they would clearly be happier to pay for that steaming pile of doodoo called Real player.
Makes you feel good to know that these guardians of decency and all things good have the time and inclination to waste your taxes on inconsequential minutiae.

Chris,M 13:29 20 Apr 05

Good comments BELATUCADRUS.,......Hear..Hear!

bosmere 14:20 20 Apr 05

What a silly rant!

ventanas 16:10 20 Apr 05

Well said. MP leaves that piece of junk called Real standing. I wander if those idiots in Brussels actualy asked advice from those who know about this sort of thing.

Pooke100 18:21 20 Apr 05

You have my vote!

Forum Editor 18:26 20 Apr 05

who post rants about Microsoft without bothering to get the facts first.

Windows Media player is better than pretty well anything else - with the possible exeption of the iTunes player - and the fact that it costs absolutely nothing is nothing short of amazing. If you don't want it you don't have to have it - or use it when you do have it.

This is a pointless thread, but I'll leave it open for a while longer anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…