Just been watching some afternoon TV - awful

pj123 15:14 13 May 08

I haven't watched any TV for at least 2 years now.

But today I gave it a try.

What struck me most was the patronising ads targeting us oldies. (release equity from your house, health insurance etc.)

Then there is the Injury Claim ad. One company states that you get to keep 100 percent of any claim.

So where do they get their fee from?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:23 13 May 08

Good job you didn't watch morning TV then, that is even worse.

"you get to keep 100 percent of any claim."
Listen very carefully (I'll say this only once),

You keep 100% of the compensation.

total claim will be for compensation plus costs, which the lawyer gets of course.

"patronising ads targeting us oldies"

Not seen the ones for window blinds, walk in baths, mobility aids etc. ?

Leave the telly off and sit outside in the sun with a good book or laptop on the forum .

:0)

crosstrainer 15:31 13 May 08

You are so right....Being housebound at the moment I thought I'd give it a try....What utter dross, at least they are allowing me to sit at the PC for a while now (with compression bandage fitted!) makes me wonder what we pay our license fee for...I have 100 odd channels, all showing rubbish or repeats.

pj123 15:49 13 May 08

Fruit Bat /\0/\, thanks.

"Not seen the ones for window blinds, walk in baths, mobility aids etc. ?"

No, I haven't. Not sure I want to either. I am wheelchair/house bound.

I would love to get out and sit in the sun, unfortunately, my partner, who looks after me is not capable of getting me outside by herself.

crosstrainer, I have a Motorised Satellite System with more than 17 satellites and over 3000 channels. I wouldn't say they were all rubbish but none of them appeal to me.

Cymro. 15:59 13 May 08

"Leave the telly off and sit outside in the sun with a good book or laptop on the forum."

But not right next to a dustbin that only get`s emptied every other week. If the stink doe`s not get you then the flies will.

€dstowe 16:02 13 May 08

Try watching the daytime "antiques" shows - Cash in the Attic, Bargain Hunt, Dickinson's Real Deal, Flog It, etc. There are a number of cathedrals and churches missing their gargoyles when those shows are on.

Cymro. 16:04 13 May 08

As for daytime telly, I made a promise to myself when I had to give up work 30 years ago that I would never start to watch telly during the day.

Just about the only time I did switch it on during the day was when I heard on the radio about the planes crashing in the the Twin Towers September 11th.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:24 13 May 08

It is brain deadening stuff only fit for the feeble minded.

Laid up for a month just before Christmas,

Aerial was giving me trouble at the time and too ill to fix it, so no Freeview for UK history channel etc.

Sure daytime TV set me back for two weeks of that :0)

Cymro. 17:08 13 May 08

Mind you in spite of what I said above about never watching daytime telly I have been known to use the BBC iPlayer to catch up on something I had missed the night before.
But that is not the same as watching daytime telly, or is it?

mrwoowoo 19:41 13 May 08

Couldn't agree more.
Been laid up in bed for nearly a fortnight,so a week in,i asked the wife to switch on the portable.
After 15 minutes of that,it was back to the book.
No freeview upstairs. )0:!

jack 20:05 13 May 08

if I even as much think about putting it on during daylight hours.
Is the way one is brought up I guess.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…