Jury Service

ordep 17:11 27 Apr 09

Started jury service today, for the second time:-( . For one of the other jurors its there 6th time!. I've heard of peeps being called 2/3 times, and the lucky few who never get the calling but, 6 times is ridiculous.

Quickbeam 17:22 27 Apr 09

I can't wait to get my call. Judge Jeffreys and me will compliment each other perfectly...

Marko797 17:33 27 Apr 09

never been called...am I missing much?

Simsy 18:47 27 Apr 09

If my experience is anything to go by, a lot of time spent waiting to be called up. I got a lot of reading done!

Regards,

Simsy

mikef. 19:07 27 Apr 09

You're lucky I got a week long trial on the first day

canarieslover 19:37 27 Apr 09

I have reached the age of 66 and have yet to be called. I'm not certain if that makes me one of the lucky few or one who has missed out on an experience.

laurie53 20:04 27 Apr 09

If you're in Scotland you've missed the window, like me.

Upper age limit 65.

Spark6 20:22 27 Apr 09

Been called once, sat around for a couple of hours and then called to form a jury. Entered the courtroom, sat down, the accused entered, seemed to take one look at us, then changed his plea to guilty.

To say I was disappointed is putting it mildly.

QuizMan 20:23 27 Apr 09

As someone who was on the original project to computerise jury summoning for England & Wales in 2000 or thereabouts, I know how the system works; if it is any consolation selection is purely random which is why some of you never seem to receive a summons and others recieve numerous ones. The system should prevent a summons being raised less than 2 years since the previous one unless you move house in the meantime.

QuizMan 20:26 27 Apr 09

Assuming you are live in England or Wales (and I guess you do judging by your moniker - in which case you may be at the football right now) you can serve as a juror up to the age 70, but have the automatic right of excusal after age 65.

Armchair 21:13 27 Apr 09

I've served once (am 39). I would love to get called up again. Spent loads of time sitting in the jury waiting room reading books (I love reading), and only about two hours in jury work proper. Some days i didn't even have to turn up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…