juror arrested after listening to music under hija

Nibblerman 20:39 09 Jul 07

the cheek of it...

click here

g0nvs 21:05 09 Jul 07

If that is the case, then the convicted murderer is surely entitled to a re-trial.

QuizMan 21:15 09 Jul 07

I've previously been a jury officer in the Crown Court and more recently installed the jury management computer system in many Crown Court offices throughout England and Wales. Therefore I have a better knowledge than most of juries and how they work. Stories abound of strange goings on, including use of a ouija board to reach a decision.

I thought I'd seen and heard it all until I caught this on the radio this evening. Of course, we do not know all the facts and I dare say that the lady concerned will have a chance to explain herself if she is charged with contempt. It's harder to get out of jury service these days even if you do not really believe in the system. Maybe this was her form of protest.

QuizMan 21:16 09 Jul 07

g0nvs - not necessarily. The trial can continue with 11 jurors.

madgamer234 21:19 09 Jul 07

i read a report which stated that the other juror thought that it sounded like one of cliff richard's biggest hit records.

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:37 09 Jul 07

' read a report which stated that the other juror thought that it sounded like one of cliff richard's biggest hit records.'..that would be enough for me to pass a jail sentence.

G

madgamer234 21:42 09 Jul 07

was it something about,was it,Shes just an honest woman?
i'm not sure.

QuizMan 22:01 09 Jul 07

Wired for sound?

wee eddie 22:02 09 Jul 07

or should her Jury be made up of a random selection of Citizens as is usual in GB/.

QuizMan 22:17 09 Jul 07

She is unlikely to be tried by jury. For contempt of court, the judge will hear mitigation, then decide on a sentence, if any.

Input Overload 01:21 10 Jul 07

Juje Box Jury? :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…