junk on my pc

wolfie3000 23:32 20 Jul 04

Will there ever be a program to clean out my registry and totaly remove all my junk files and clean up all the un-used dll's if so where is it iv scoured the internet for months with no luck.
any suggestions would help.
most of the programs iv tryed dont completely clean up my registry its driving me mad.

Dan the Confused 23:59 20 Jul 04

I use TuneUp Utilities 2004. 30 day trial click here

Norton utilities is also good.

wolfie3000 00:35 21 Jul 04

thanks for the advice dan the confused but i need a free program.
so where do i get norton utilities from and will it do all i want??

Dan the Confused 00:48 21 Jul 04

Ok, try:

XP or 2000: RegScrubXP click here

Others: EasyCleaner click here

Norton Utilities isn't free I'm afraid.

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:07 21 Jul 04

click here Ccleaner and regseeker at click here are two free ones...they are all you will ever need. Delete ALL that they find.

G

Jackcoms 13:30 22 Jul 04

GANDALF

I downloaded and ran CCleaner. It's identified a load of rubbish on my PC.

Can I really delete the lot, even though I haven't a clue what most of it is??

wolfie3000 17:26 22 Jul 04

thanks for the advice guys but i need one that sorts out (unused dll's obsolete registry settings temp files and other useless stuff) all in one program

smokingbeagle 18:26 22 Jul 04

click here
Bit long in the tooth (circa 2000) but works fine with W2K. You can always restore the dll from the archive if necessary.

Jackcoms 19:14 22 Jul 04

wolfie3000

Which is exactly what CCleaner does. I've used it! Have you??

spuds 19:33 22 Jul 04

CCleaner doe's a very good job, but remember, you may need to make some adjustments afterwards.

zootmo 20:14 22 Jul 04

any decent registry cleaner will let you make a back up of the registry before you delete anything that it finds.Ccleaner does just that and you can restore from the backup easily if you wish.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…