junk mail levels drop by 70%

Seth Haniel 11:30 13 Nov 08

click here

The closure of a web hosting firm that is believed to have had spam gangs as clients has led to a drastic reduction in junk mail.

Two US internet service providers have pulled the plug on the firm McColo following an investigation by the Washington Post newspaper.

Anti-spam firm Ironport has seen junk mail levels drop by 70% since McColo was taken offline on 11 November.

The closure of a web hosting firm that is believed to have had spam gangs as clients has led to a drastic reduction in junk mail.

Two US internet service providers have pulled the plug on the firm McColo following an investigation by the Washington Post newspaper.

Anti-spam firm Ironport has seen junk mail levels drop by 70% since McColo was taken offline on 11 November.

canarieslover 11:44 13 Nov 08

Were they in New York? So good I had to say it twice!!

spuds 12:24 13 Nov 08

Well this action hasn't stopped USA spam getting into my daily email pile. One particular email shot that I get on a regular basis, is for claiming 'my' guaranteed federal grants and entitlements worth thousands of dollars. Boy do I wish that I lived in America :O(

wiz-king 12:57 13 Nov 08

I still got my quota this morning {:-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…