Jungle Who?

ulrich 21:15 07 Nov 06

I am sorry folks but I do not have a clue or know any of the celebrities who are going to make prize idiots of themselves, and being a saddo won't be watching any of the rubbish.

knockin on 21:31 07 Nov 06

Don't apologise, you are not alone in giving this show a miss. What irritates me is the fact that, while taking up valuable transmission time which could be used to show something stimulating or entertaining, they expect us to offset the costs and even make the a profit by making outrageously expensive phone calls. Initially I thought...Better Off Licking Lemons Or Chewing Kiwi Spit.

dagbladet 21:32 07 Nov 06

Mind you, it was worth starting a thread about eh?

ulrich 21:42 07 Nov 06

At least here I know I am not alone, I would prefer not to write, I am sorry but I don't find it entertaining, just like Big Brother, but these people are supposed celebrities, because I don't watch soaps, I do not know them.

Kate B 10:42 08 Nov 06

Actually, I think I'm A Celebrity is brilliant television. It takes to a logical conclusion the Faustian pact anyone makes with the media when they seek celebrity and if someone is daft enough a) to want to be famous and then b) to sign up for any reality show, especially this one, that's their lookout.

On a more pragamatic note, it's also extremely well made. ITV spends a lot of money on it and there's a huge production team editing down the hours of footage into a fast-paced and very watchable programme. The celebs, incidentally, are, according to the press release, Toby Anstis; journalist; ex-model and Tony Blair’s sister-in-law Lauren Booth; comedienne and impersonator Faith Brown; actor and singer Jason Donovan; music producer and ex-husband of Liza Minnelli David Gest; fashion designer Scott Henshall; musician and TV presenter Myleene Klass; ex newsreader Jan Leeming; Footballers Wives and The Bill actress Phina Oruche and solo singer, formerly with the band Busted, Matt Willis.

Mr Mistoffelees 10:49 08 Nov 06

Until a couple of minutes ago I was blissfully unaware.

ulrich 19:04 08 Nov 06

I am sorry Kate B but none of these people have any interest to me. The first down in the jungle I did watch as I knew the people in it. Let's have some real personalities, not has beens or wantobes.

Totally-braindead 19:07 08 Nov 06

Oh god the programs back?

I feel sick.

spikeychris 19:09 08 Nov 06

I’ve said it before: I would gladly vote for any party that as part its manifesto promised to ban the use of the word celebrity.

Kate B 19:15 08 Nov 06

Regardless of whether you're interested in it, ulrich, it's still good television if you judge it by professional criteria. And millions of people are interested in it. I love it - I love trash TV; and I also enjoy watching well-made television. The old maxim springs to mind: if you don't like it, don't waste your time watching it. But please don't be snooty about it or rude to people who do: their taste is just as valid as yours, just different.

Forum Editor 19:26 08 Nov 06

so many of these people are 'ex' and 'formerly', and C-list celebs makes the program so much more interesting.
What fascinates me about the whole think is the group dynamics, and I'm certain that most people watch it for that reason - the caterpillar swallowing and jumping out of helicopters are just the thread that stitches it all together. What we really want to see are the ebb and flow of the group's personal relationships, preferably sprinkled with a liberal dose of hysterics.

Each time it's on I tell my wife "I'm not watching that rubbish" and each time I end up being glued to the screen as yet another row flares over the rice and peas.

The show is an object lesson in how some people crave fame at any price.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009