Jungle Rat - ITV fined..

Seth Haniel 09:15 08 Feb 10

click here

ITV has been fined for animal cruelty after contestants on I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! killed and ate a rat.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:23 08 Feb 10

I used to dissect rats at school so the thought police had better come and get me. I have also eaten fish and hares that I shot/caught with my grandfather, so I'm guilty thrice.
The public should sue ITV for the cruelty of making that show and then putting it on TV.

G

Chegs ®™ 09:31 08 Feb 10

Yup,I agree with GANDALF <|:-)>

john bunyan 10:52 08 Feb 10

I also agree with GANDALF <|:-)>. On combat survival training, I dread to think what would happen if they knew what we killed / ate ( snakes, rabbits etc.

johndrew 11:10 08 Feb 10

I think the point made wasn`t the killing of the rat but the fact it took around 90 seconds to die click here. I don`t know about others but I was always taught to kill animals quickly if/when the need arose.

Surely a chef should know how to kill an animal quickly.

Seth Haniel 11:22 08 Feb 10

;)

Legolas 13:19 08 Feb 10

I would rather have seen the rat killing and eating the contestants. Now that would have been an audience grabber.

Miké 22:11 08 Feb 10

I wonder if they use rat poison down under? that certainly doesn't kill quickly, rather a slow death from hypothermia!

Forum Editor 23:03 08 Feb 10

going on here.

The animal in question wasn't killed quickly and eaten, it was killed in order to provide entertainment - there's a difference, and that's why the RSPCA became involved.

robgf 23:45 08 Feb 10

Why is the RSPCA suddenly concerned over one rat being killed.
Whenever I have caught a view of the program, they are eating bugs alive and mixing various other creatures together in tanks, which must cause them enormous stress.
Why the sudden concern over one rat, at least they ate it, so it wasn't wasted.
Plus, how do they know it took 90 seconds to die. Anyone not used to killing animals, might assume it is still alive, just because it is still wriggling. They sometimes do that, for quite a while.

lotvic 23:56 08 Feb 10

Chickens and cockerels run around for a minute or two after you have chopped their heads off.

Hence the expression 'running around like a headless chicken'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…