Julian Beever art.

lisa02 16:50 29 Oct 06

Was rather impressed by this Artist in a local shopping mall (Abbeycentre). The image looked distorted until viewed from a particular angle where it came to life in 3d!

It was an anamorphic image of half dead characters trying to climb out of a pit with skeletons in it, at the side he had a real rope tied round a pole extending from the chalk drawing on the floor. Rather creepy when viewed from the viewer they had set up!

Anyone know more about this?

lisa02 16:53 29 Oct 06

I found some click here

very unique and interesting!

lisa02 16:54 29 Oct 06

What do you all think?

Totally-braindead 17:04 29 Oct 06

Had a look at a couple, don't like the subjest matter of some of them but even on the screen they seem to come to life. Very impressive.

Kate B 17:17 29 Oct 06

It's clever stuff and I like the way he takes the very mundane - rubbish chalk drawings on pavements - and makes it something special. I don't think he's a wonderful artist in absolute terms - they're not brilliantly technically executed - but the work is engaging and people talk about it, so the work succeeds on that level.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:34 29 Oct 06

Very, very impressive.

G

spikeychris 17:49 29 Oct 06

How’s it done?

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:56 29 Oct 06

with coloured chalk. ;-))))

G

spikeychris 18:42 29 Oct 06

Enchanted chalk indeed.

Kev.Ifty 21:35 29 Oct 06

I love
This kind of thing. When the 'Trendies' are debating "What is Art?" Me? I think of people like Andrea Pozzo click here, Dahli and the 'main man' Esher.

Julian Beever, in my opinion, is one of those brilliant Artists who's Brain ain't wired up the same as 'normal people.' There are some others worth a look...

Checkout, Octavio Campo or Shigeo Fukuda.

Another Artist that produces some breath taking work in my opinion, is John Pugh
click here

And whilst were on the subject Dick Termes click here

Love it
;-) Kev

Altruist 21:39 29 Oct 06

Seen a few of these before and I like them very much. A great talking-point.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…