The judge and his knife?

Cymro. 12:39 09 Feb 10

click here
Here's one that should get at least some of you going.
Personally I think it wrong that anyone should be allowed to carry any sort of knife for whatever reason be it cultural or otherwise.

sunnystaines 12:45 09 Feb 10

he is out of touch with young people in bad areas it would be a disaster

Seth Haniel 13:01 09 Feb 10

Scotsmen in full Kilt with sgian dubhs

Cymro. 14:10 09 Feb 10

I wonder what the honorable judge would make of those little daggers that I have seen Scots were stuffed down their socks or even those great big Claymores that they sometimes carry when in full regalia.

Seth Haniel 14:42 09 Feb 10

sgian dubhs = little daggers

Monoux 15:44 09 Feb 10

"However, he said the UK government was "more sympathetic" than many European countries and he hoped ministers would listen to their pleas and allow them to fly with the smallest Kirpans. "

more sympathetic --translated - means softer-- I thought there was a law in this country about carrying knives - it should apply equally to all - those that don't want to comply are free to leave.

Cymro. 16:12 09 Feb 10

So what about those that were born in the UK? Mind you I do sympathise with a lot of what you say.

Monoux 16:21 09 Feb 10

Cymro.--
"So what about those that were born in the UK?"

They should be made to abide by our laws

wiz-king 16:28 09 Feb 10

"I thought there was a law in this country about carrying knives - it should apply equally to all - those that don't want to comply are free to leave."

I regularly carry a knife - a very sharp one with a hooked end - for trimming the hooves of my horses and sheep and being a responsible citizen I store it a home not at the stables. As I was born and bred in this country where do I go to?

The Mountaineer 16:33 09 Feb 10

The said article has a sentence in the middle as follows:
"The only time he takes it off is when he boards a plane."
In other words it is removed when there is a potential perception of risk associated with it being carried.
So, given the laws of the land, which includes "risk" in public places in general, including schools, this is a no brainer to me with a ban being essential.

Monoux 16:39 09 Feb 10

wiz-king -- If you read the article it seems Sikhs want to take knives on planes and that is, in my opinion, a step too far.

My comment about leaving if you don’t want to live by UK laws applies to anyone who wishes to break / change our laws, born here or not.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…