Journey from Northfleet to Stevenage

liam1978 21:17 21 Apr 08

I am starting a new job in stevenage soon and I am currently living in Northfleet (bout 5miles away from Dartfors tunnel) - i cant move any closer at the minute. I will need to take the M25 then the M1 to work daily - my shifts are from 8.30 - 4.45. Can anyone let me know am i wise / is it feasible to do this / would i need to leave at 6am to get there on time as i have never driven on these roads before.

Any advice would be much appreciated

octal 21:31 21 Apr 08

Yes it is feasible, it will be busy on the M25, you'll need the A1 for Stevenage, the good part about the journey is that you'll be going against the traffic going up the A1 and the same on the way home, but again the M25 will be the time waster for you, 2 hours should be plenty, on some days it will take less.

MAT ALAN 21:45 21 Apr 08

pick up the A10 at junction 25 then the A602 into Stevenage you will leave out a good amount of the M25 going this way, should be a bit quieter and may save you some time...

liam1978 21:59 21 Apr 08

Mat ALan, what about gettin off at the M11, then taking the A414 to Harlow and on to stevnage?

octal 22:03 21 Apr 08

Busy through Harlow, apart from that it is a pretty clear run taking the A10 then the A602 as MAT ALAN recommends.

liam1978 22:12 21 Apr 08

thank you both very much for all your help - much appreciated!

laurie53 08:24 22 Apr 08

The stuff that can be got off this forum never ceases to amaze me!

liam1978 - congratulations on your new job.

Don't envy you your commute though.

Legolas 12:38 22 Apr 08

When I worked in London I stayed with my Sister and Brother-in-law who was also my boss. He used to drive me into and home from work in East London. It was hairy enough as a passenger and I didn't envy him having to drive in the crazy traffic. He used to call it the "wacky races" and he was right, nearly every motor I saw has a scratch or dent of some kind on the bodywork.

I know this is a bit off subject but congrats on the new job and drive carefully.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…