Joined Up Services?

oresome 20:29 07 Oct 08

We've recently had a council employee on the estate spraying weedkiller in the roadside gutters.

This was quickly followed by the street cleaner, who sprayed water in the gutter, diluting the weedkiller and then scrubbing it off with a brush and vacuuming it up.

A smaller machine cleaned the pavements at the same time and now the grass verges have been cut and the grass cuttings have been deposited on the pavements.

The green and black bins have also been emptied today and what didn't quite make it to the back of the lorry is now lying on the road.

I'm getting more like V. Meldrew every day.

peter99co 20:54 07 Oct 08

Which dotty council do you pay your council tax to?

Forum Editor 22:19 07 Oct 08

much too much value for money in your street.

peter99co 22:33 07 Oct 08

I would send an EMAIL to the council dept responsible and relate the sorry tale to them.

I sent one about my bins and the chap phoned me back and thanked me for letting him know there was a problem. It has not happened again.

The Manager often lacks feedback about these things and is often pleased if someone takes the trouble to let him know how his operators are working.

Si_L 23:41 07 Oct 08

The council where I used to live were good at this sort of stuff. One time on the way back from college, after grumbling about the litter thrown over the bridge and saying the council need to put a bin there, my mate bet me I couldn't get the council to erect one in a month. Sent an email that night, the reply promised they would check it out, and a fortnight later, a new bin is there! They still throw rubbish off the bridge though.

spuds 23:48 07 Oct 08

You might find that there are three different departments involved, and perhaps they do not communicate with each other very well ;o)

Regarding the items deposited on the road, I bet there wasn't a council warden in sight. Cue for telephone or newspaper complaint methinks!.

TopCat® 23:55 07 Oct 08

'The Manager often lacks feedback about these things...'

Any manager worth his salt would get off his backside and occasionally go out and check out his operatives, especially if complaints are coming in. He can then see for himself if there are problems in particular areas and make any changes deemed necessary to alleviate them. TC.

laurie53 07:07 08 Oct 08

"Cue for telephone or newspaper complaint methinks!."

Why a newspaper complaint? Shouldn't the department concerned be given the chance to deal with the matter first, if only out of common courtesy?

Time to go to the papers or elsewhere is when all normal methods have failed, not as an automatic first reaction.

ronalddonald 08:01 08 Oct 08

Why is it our council decides to do the same b4 the new council tax bills come out.

peter99co 10:01 08 Oct 08

Why is it our council decides to do the same b4 the new council tax bills come out?

I have just had my road cleaned and dusted. Normally the driver just drives up and turns and then off without the brush turned on.

Awaiting the bill for 20009

spuds 11:18 08 Oct 08

Not knowing you personally, I wouldn't have the faintest idea how your council works, or if you have many dealings with them.

But in my experience,I tend to find my local council's (2) tend to ignore many complaints, and it is only when a local newspaper investigates and reports, that the appropriate authority or person then becomes interested. I did mention 'telephone or before newspaper' though ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…