Johnson resigns

spider9 17:48 20 Jan 11

Must admit to a touch of sadness, he came across, to me, as a thoroughly decent man.
click here

uk-wizard 18:00 20 Jan 11

I thought you meant Boris!

john 52 18:07 20 Jan 11

Yes spider I agree .What you saw is what you got unlike some of our politicians .I think Ed Balls will ruffle a few feathers

john bunyan 18:08 20 Jan 11

Ed Balls seems to be even worse than G Brown in his unrealistic ideas of not tackling the budget deficit. He seems to suggest that the situation can go on for ever without tackling it.

jakimo 18:10 20 Jan 11

judging by how he responded and his body language, I was under the impression that as shadow chancellor he was way over his head

john 52 18:34 20 Jan 11

john bunyan

unrealistic ideas of not tackling the budget deficit.

Time will tell who is right !

It was not just Gordon Brown who advocated a more gradual approach to getting the economy back on track many leading economists also supported this action.

john 52 19:59 20 Jan 11

Hello fourm member I think john bunyan referred to Gordon Brown not Ed Miliband hence my reply.

The comment below states he thought the economic plan was credible and not suggesting otherwise as you had suggested but maybe I do not have blue tinted glasses on

Miliband believes Brown's strategy left Labour exposed to the charge of being deficit deniers, even though the stated plan to halve the deficit set out in the 2009 budget over the next parliament was CREDIBLE

spider9 20:29 20 Jan 11

Whether or not the government plans for deficit reduction are too rapid or not will only be known once we've been through it and the 'side effects' on jobs and growth are finally seen and analysed.
Up till then it's going to be all conjecture - but that's what we're all good at on here!!

Grey Goo 20:35 20 Jan 11

A Johnson has fallen on his sword to make way for the Bug Eyed Buffoon who thinks he should have the job. Watch out for a load of twisted half truths drowning the airwaves.

spider9 20:45 20 Jan 11

Nothing like keeping an open mind, then!!

spider9 21:05 20 Jan 11

I think that George may have a tougher time at the Despatch box from now on, Ed Balls does seem to have experience and is combative.
Might be good to watch.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…