John Sergeant quits Strictly

spikeychris 11:55 19 Nov 08

Just in case you wondered.

Seth Haniel 12:19 19 Nov 08

to vote for him - get a refund - I think not.

Mr Mistoffelees 12:21 19 Nov 08

"John Sergeant quits Strictly"

Not the end of the world as we know it.

Seth Haniel 12:26 19 Nov 08

be reinstated then - so it doesn't degenerate further into a farce ;)

interzone55 17:09 19 Nov 08

From click here

During the press conference, BBC1 controller Jay Hunt also said that anyone who had previously voted for Sergeant and wanted their money back would be reimbursed.

amonra 18:24 19 Nov 08

It's just the great British Public voicing their opinions one of which is "Dont tell me what to do "!
The so-called judges think they are God's gift to TV and need taking down a peg or two.
Good for old John, a wise and sensible decision.

Stuartli 18:51 19 Nov 08

John really made me smile and his partner looks as if she could be even more fun, but it's really getting to a sorry state of affairs when such stories are second or third on the running order on the major television news programmes...:-)

Just as with New Labour's spin when anyone disagrees with its views, democracy is presumably sidelined on Strictly in order to ensure that a "real" dancer wins in the end.

Stuartli 18:54 19 Nov 08

The "news" was first released on The Daily Politics Show this morning - surprised that Paul O'Grady tried to claim "You heard it here first" at the end of his show tonight.

egapup 18:54 19 Nov 08

He should have stayed, it's not as though the winner will begin a new life as a professional dancer, is it.

Quickbeam 08:39 20 Nov 08

Smile... click here

The Brigadier 10:16 20 Nov 08

The Judges & program format is to blame for this.
If you get viewers phoning in it will not always be for the best dancer.
Viewers vote for who they like & some for who offered more entertainment.
Surely this has happened before on the program?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…