Job losses coming for never-ending job!

TopCat® 16:04 18 Feb 08

I'll bet that caught your attention pretty darn quick! :o)

On a more sober note, it has been announced click here that after more than one hundred years of endless and continuous work the painting of the Forth Bridge will end. The latest paint technology developed for the oil rig industry is now being applied to the whole bridge, where it is hoped it will last up to fourty years. TC.

interzone55 16:12 18 Feb 08

Now what are we going to use as an analogy for a never-ending task...

Bingalau 16:19 18 Feb 08

Keeping the weeds down in the garden?

Kemistri 16:21 18 Feb 08

We could bring it up to date with the internet-led world with "like trying to finish Wikipedia" (that may not mean much to those who don't edit it) or maybe "like trying to beat the virus writers"...

jack 20:22 18 Feb 08

they would not have had to keep touching it up.

Recent work on the J2[M25/A2] interchange has included a couple of flyover bridges and widening on the A2.
The steel used on these structures needs no painting like aluminium the oxidization that forms makes its own barrier protection.
The metal darkens down to a deep purple.

barca1 20:24 18 Feb 08

i suppose that you cant "knock em" for trying to save money as its clealy serious wedge been spent there,big shame about the workers though...

octal 20:33 18 Feb 08

Decorating my house :D

I've lived here for over 30 years and it's still not finished.

jack 08:46 19 Feb 08

I've lived here for over 30 years and it's still not finished.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<o0o>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Ive been here since new - 50 years this month - and I'm taking a leaf out of the Forth Bridge Book
thats for sure.
;-}

Quickbeam 08:53 19 Feb 08

"The steel used on these structures needs no painting like aluminium the oxidization that forms makes its own barrier protection."

We had a multi story car park built in the sixties from this stuff. Everybody from out of town made the same comment, "Why has it never been painted, it looks terrible". It was demolished in the last three years to redevelop the area... we were all glad to see the back of it!

laurie53 10:09 19 Feb 08

Perhaps they should have tried some paint on the neighbouring road bridge, which is not very old but is possibly going to have to be closed in a few years because of corrosion.

click here

Whoever would have thought that a bridge over a tidal estuary would go rusty!

Dart Echo 12:11 19 Feb 08

I should think the painters were getting fed up in any case.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…