JFK shooting game

VoG II 19:19 23 Nov 04

click here

Would you play this? Strikes me as being about as sick as you can get.

spikeychris 19:33 23 Nov 04

The game itself is bad enough but the absolute rubbish that the developers have spouted is woeful..

"The Stirling-based company argued that the game was aimed at disproving theories that a conspiracy, rather than lone gunman Lee Harvey Oswald, was responsible for the assassination."

Watch the online-video...

carolineann 19:57 23 Nov 04

Unbelievable.

But you know as well as I do that there will be even sicker saddo's who will buy it.

Dan the Confused 20:17 23 Nov 04

It is sick, but is it any worse than going to the cinema and watching a film that painted a biased picture of the assassination to make it look like a conspiracy just for the sake of 'entertainment'? (Film is JFK.)

(Btw, apologies for all my film refs recently, must learn to stop it!)

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:18 23 Nov 04

There are plenty of computer games where one has to kill/maim soldiers/people from various wars/countries etc. Could someone explain the difference?

G

Steven W 20:25 23 Nov 04

I didn't think it was a game but a chance to examine the "facts" (so distorted by now) yourself.

Not sure which is more sick. The idea of this "simulator" or the scene in "JFK" where he repeatedly shows the Zubrudder film head shot over and over again.....

Dorsai 20:26 23 Nov 04

There is no difference, apart from the Fact that JFK was a real person, rather than an imaginary person.

But perhaps that rather small Is enought to mark the difference between bad taste, and a bad game.

Steven W 20:27 23 Nov 04

Just seen the "Match Oswalds shots and win $10,000" notice. Now that's sick....

spikeychris 20:27 23 Nov 04

I agree GANDALF <|:-)> I don't do games so my experience of these matters are slim. "Could someone explain the difference?" Its the way they try to explain it away that irritates me.

Forum Editor 20:58 23 Nov 04

a game in which you 'kill' virtual soldiers/people in imaginary circumstances and one which appears to exploit the assassination of an historical figure - one whose children are still alive.

I personally find it distasteful that such a 'game' (if you can call it that) should be on sale, and the producers' justification of it is less than pleasant.

fourjays 20:59 23 Nov 04

That game is sick... A 'game' where you have to re-create an assasination? Its about as good as someone making a game where you fly the planes in 9/11. Just plain sick. What is worst, is that they are encouraging people to play it with the reward money.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…