Jenson Button

Strawballs 22:45 18 Oct 09

My congratulations go to Jenson and Brawn GP wrapped up both drivers and constructors titles today, not too bad for a rookie team.

OTT_Buzzard 23:21 18 Oct 09

Ross Brawn is an F1 genius!

And next year he will have the best driver on the grid in his car, in the shape of Nico Rosberg. Another year passed and less rookie mistakes to be made next year.

That'll be another shot at Constructors and Drivers championship!

Strawballs 23:53 18 Oct 09

I always said McLaren should have tried to get Button when Alonso left, they would have had 2 really good drivers then and maybe they could have got constructors as well as drivers last yr

Seth Haniel 08:20 19 Oct 09

click here

Trulli was later reprimanded and fined $10,000 (£6,140) for his behaviour following the incident.

Seconds later, in the pits, McLaren's Heikki Kovalainen pulled away with the fuel hose still attached to his car.

The leaking fuel immediately caught fire right in Raikkonen's face, although it quickly died away and both Finn were able to rejoin the race.

After the race, Kovalainen was handed a 25-second penalty, demoting him from ninth to 13th, and McLaren fined $50,000 for releasing him in an unsafe manner.

Noldi 11:05 19 Oct 09

"not too bad for a rookie team"

Not quite they are the Honda team just a new name.

Any of the top 3 would have deserved to be champion but Button showed he did the better job. Good on him back to back GB champions.

Noldi

peter99co 11:18 19 Oct 09

A dream he has had since he was Eight.

Strawballs 16:48 19 Oct 09

I think they said it was something like 40yrs since we had back to back GB winners, before Hamilton it was 12yrs back to Damon Hill

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:52 19 Oct 09

last back to back British champions Graham Hill / Jackie Stewart 68 /69

Strawballs 22:26 19 Oct 09

Not quite they are the Honda team just a new name.

But without the financial clout and resouces of Honda that is why they had to make 270 of their employees redundant in March.

Still a Rookie team in terms of being able to develop the car as the season progressed.
That is why other teams caught up and overtook them.

ened 06:18 20 Oct 09

They did have to make people redundant - yes. But they were given a sizeable chunk by Honda for this season only.

I thought it gave an idea of Ross Brawn's personality when, amidst all the euphoria of winning both Championships, his first tribute was to the people they were not able to keep, but who had worked hard in developing the car last winter.

All we need now is security for Silverstone and the British Grand Prix!

Input Overload 08:23 20 Oct 09

What with the ashes & the F1 (again) where will it all end? Well done to Jenson & the team.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…