Jamie Oliver's new cook book; Pirated

Z1100 18:31 20 Dec 06

Ok, I got an e-mail with this on it...

QUOTE>
How Good is this.....
Cook book = £20
Ingredients = £10
Getting sacked for "accidentally" releasing Jamie Oliver's new book to the entire planet before it even hits the shelves = PRICELESS!

It seems that someone at Jamie Oliver's publishing company sent a word document version of his 2nd book to one of their mates this morning. Unfortunately for the poor sap who sent the word document, it is now flying around the web at a rate of knots. So print what you like AND please spare a thought for the poor bugger that originally sent it, while enjoying the food you make from the recipes!
END>

I have to say if this is true and it looks like it is because I just opened the attached file and behold, there is a book, then it is shocking.

I will not be forwarding the mail and the book will be deleted. Not because I am some moral god, but just because I have 14yrs as a chef behind me and a 'wall' of books, that and I hate reading long files on screen let alone a book.

Hanx!
K.

spuds 18:39 20 Dec 06

In any case, these type of books always seems to end up at grossly reduced prices a few months after publication.

Z1100 18:39 20 Dec 06

Wok-cooked Fragrant Mussels
Serves 4-6
2kg / 4½ lb best live Mussels
Olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
3 sticks of Lemon grass, outer leaves removed, finely sliced
2 fresh chillies, red, green or both
3 tablespoons finely sliced ginger
2 handfuls of fresh coriander, pounded or finely chopped
1 tablespoons sesame oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
5 Spring onions
Juice of 3 limes
1 x 400ml tin of coconut milk
Place your mussels with a couple of lugs of olive oil in a large, very hot wok or pot. Shake around and add the rest of the ingredients, apart from the lime juice and coconut milk. Keep turning over until all the mussels have opened - throw away any that remain closed. Squeeze in your lime juice and add your coconut milk. Bring to the boil and serve immediately.

Hanx!
K.

ulrich 18:51 20 Dec 06

Nobody in their right mind would eat that.

octal 18:55 20 Dec 06

Bit of déjà vu, I had to make sure I hadn't gone back in time by checking the date of the posting.

Z1100 19:11 20 Dec 06

;)

Hanx!
K.

Forum Editor 19:13 20 Dec 06

It's a hoax, and has been doing the rounds - in various guises - for years. The version you received started circulating in 2005.

click here for the definitive verdict.

IClaudio 20:33 20 Dec 06

It's not a hoax. I had it for a while on my hard drive before my conscience got the better of me: this was a couple of years ago, so not his newest, it was The Naked Chef 2.

Z1100 obviously also had it...

bluto1 22:01 20 Dec 06

Cook it and eat it, just as ulrich said. Happy Xmas folks.

€dstowe 22:36 20 Dec 06

It's most likely the only way he can get his books read.

IClaudio 22:58 20 Dec 06

mea culpa...

I've now read the article in full and realise that, yes, it was a hoax. Apologies!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…