James Purnell bails out...........

dagnammit 23:52 04 Jun 09

Another one jumps off Gordon's sinking ship.

Have we any Gov't left I wonder???

dagnammit 23:54 04 Jun 09
  Forum Editor 00:04 05 Jun 09

He's the first Minister to resign without all the window dressing that normally accompanies such decisions, and that means he is making a public challenge to Gordon Brown's leadership. He's the first to nail his colours to the masthead in this fashion, and the interesting thing is going to be whether anyone else follows his example.

Gordon Brown's days as Prime Minister and leader of the labour party are numbered.

OTT_Buzzard 00:17 05 Jun 09

"Gordon Brown's days as Prime Minister and leader of the labour party are numbered."

Thankfully.

Quickbeam 00:38 05 Jun 09

It's confirmation of Brown leading a 'fag end' government that's about to be stubbed out under the trotters of those that think they will survive the general election later this year...

OTT_Buzzard 01:35 05 Jun 09

The way I figure it he has 3 choices:

Hung (resign now)
Hung and Drawn (be embarrassingly forced out in the coming months
or
Hung, Drawn and Quartered (hang on in to the bitter end and have a landslide defeat in a general election, in excess of the '97 general elections)

Quickbeam 07:59 05 Jun 09

How long have you held such liberal tendencies regarding soft punishments...;)

OTT_Buzzard 12:34 05 Jun 09

lol. can't punish the underdog too much for poor performance :)

Quickbeam 14:16 05 Jun 09

They're saying Mandelson has saved GB, and I thought they couldn't stand each other.

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:13 05 Jun 09

That is the same as a lion rescuing you from a polar bear. The man is a reptile with more changes than a chameleon on steroids and more faces than the Town Hall clock.

G

OTT_Buzzard 15:54 05 Jun 09

maybe an alternaive name for him is 'Kipper' - two faces and no spine!
That was a bit harsh ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…