Jam but no Jam

Blackhat 18:15 19 Feb 07

How many will be disapointed at The Jam reform tour without Paul weller? Front man & 1/3 of the band it is hardly The Jam.

click here

If Paul was included I would definately go to a concert, missed out first time around.

Totally-braindead 18:36 19 Feb 07

Agreed Blackhat no Paul Weller = no band called The Jam in my opinion.
I wouldn't be interested in seeing them without Paul being involved. Its just like a tribute band.

Only band I personally like that have been able to change their frontman is Genesis. I loved the Stranglers but with their new frontman I don't follow them either.

Mr Mistoffelees 19:19 19 Feb 07

Rather like Pink Floyd without Roger Waters and Richard Wright. Pink Not Floyd!

Mr Mistoffelees 19:22 19 Feb 07

Agreed, Genesis went down the pan when Peter Gabriel left. Albums as good as The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway became a thing of the past, lamentably.

dagbladet 19:22 19 Feb 07

Blue Peter without Shep...

Fred the flour grader 18:40 20 Feb 07

Was a big fan of the Jam when they were originally together but it will not be the same without Weller. I have seen Bruce Foxton play a few times over the years as, he was until recently, bass player with Stiff Little Fingers. Another of my old favourite bands sort of reformed a few years ago, The Alarm, but only the lead singer Mike Peters is in the new line up from the original band. It's not the same and sadly the same will be said of the set up with the Jam.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5