I've stood as much as I can stand

csqwared 19:23 PM 04 Jul 12
Answered

and I can't stand no more!!!

Can posters please sort out the difference between lose and loose (loser and looser). The amount of times these two words are mis-used is staggering.

Lose - to misplace. Loser - someone not in the lead. Loose - not tight. Looser - not as tight.

Rant over Ducking behind parapet.

bremner 19:32 PM 04 Jul 12

Nearly as annoying as the countless times we see ducking with a capital letter mid sentence.

So frustrating :0)

Aitchbee 19:38 PM 04 Jul 12

I used to cringe when ever I heard the word ABSOLUTELY, mostly on BBC radio4 'chat shows' ... in response to a question. I haven't heard it (that word) for a while.It must be out of fashion, now.

Forum Editor 19:39 PM 04 Jul 12

I posted twice with examples of misuses that irritate me, and almost instantly regretted doing so. Not everyone writes perfect English, or never misspells a word.

I decided to delete my own posts, which must be a first. Perhaps I'll email myself to demand an explanation.

csqwared 19:42 PM 04 Jul 12

Aitchbee

Absolutely!!

Aitchbee 19:43 PM 04 Jul 12

FE, absolutely!

carver 19:44 PM 04 Jul 12

csqward there is no reason to loose control, if you just loosened up a bit I'm sure you would see that complaining that way is just a sign of a loser, or looser or, any way you have lost it.

csqwared 19:47 PM 04 Jul 12

carver

No, not lost it, just a reasonable grasp of my mother tongue.

Aitchbee 19:48 PM 04 Jul 12

I just got a red-fonted sentence from PCA describing my "Snap!" post as 'We think this is spam'

Aitchbee 19:53 PM 04 Jul 12

My last post was a test to see if SPAM! was alright and SNAP! wasn't.

Aitchbee 19:56 PM 04 Jul 12

...let's call the whole thing off!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to choose a photographer

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone