I've seen the weirdest looking cat

Totally-braindead 15:57 19 Apr 07

Theres quite a few cats down at my mum and dads and theres a really freaky looking one that I have nicknamed chopshop.
The reason is, it looks like it has been created by Frankenstein, The front of the cat, its head and its front paws are really long haired ending just behind its front legs. The rest of it is short haired. Its completely black and looks like the front of one cat has been attached to the back of another cat hence my thought of the name chopshop after the chopping up of 2 cars to make one.

I've seen a few strange animals but have never seen a cat like that. It does honestly look like two parts of different cats stuck together, can't help wondering what its owners call it.

Al94 16:34 19 Apr 07

I detest cats

Kate B 17:38 19 Apr 07

Take a pic and post it, T-b, that Frankenmog sounds hilarious.

Forum Editor 17:43 19 Apr 07

that it is a long-haired cat which has been shaved - perhaps because of a skin condition.

bjh 18:06 19 Apr 07

..... or flea allergy - tends to make the hair at the rear end short. Doesn't mean it has fleas, either.

But a piccie please....

pj123 18:36 19 Apr 07

Or somehow you have got in to my house without me knowing??

wee eddie 18:43 19 Apr 07

Don't touch and maybe tell the PDSA

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:50 19 Apr 07

Eat it.

G

Totally-braindead 18:59 19 Apr 07

I'm trying to get a pic of it but we only see it every second day. It could be shaved FE I never thought of that but if it was it was a while ago as its fur has grown back. And the strangness of it is the entire front of the cat round the head and over the neck and front legs and part of the body is long haired, the rest from its belly back including the tail is short. Its very differcult to imagine. The long fur just stops and then the short fur takes over.
Its weird. My mum told my sister, whos a vetinary nurse and she thought it was a wind up. Its not, the cat does exist and its the weirdest looking thing out. It does honestly look like the front of one cat and the back of another. Damndest thing I've ever seen.
I will post a pic when I get it.
Don't think it can be mange because its only the rear half of the cat thats affected, the front is fully furred. I've seen animals with mange and it looks quite healthy. I'll try to get a closer look at it the next time.

Watchful 19:06 19 Apr 07

As already said, it could have been shaved because of a medical condition or an operation. The fur should grow back eventually. If it doesn't then it must just be a freak of nature probably caused by inbreeding.

I knew of a neighbour's cat that lost all of its hair except around the front end and head. It was caused by a nervous condition and lack of vitamins due to it having mouth ulcers and not being able to eat properly. It looked like a lion with a bare tail except for a bob on the end.

tried 19:07 19 Apr 07

Is one leg shorter than the other seven, gosh this is a worry dont eat it yet,I may have a reserpete or a recipe even!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…