I've resigned:-)

techie4me 20:06 27 Nov 07

Decided to get out of the rat race that is IT.
I resigned 3 weeks ago and went off and got both counterbalance & reach forklift truck licences through the RTITB.

So far so good, but anyone know of any good temp agencies in South London/Surrey?
Anywhere upto 10 miles from Croydon or upto 30 miles if going South!!
Happy to work for national min wage while getting experience!

techie4me 20:08 27 Nov 07

Forgot to add that having been burnt before using agencies i was wondering if anyother forums users have used any in my locality.

Hope this is OK to post.

laurie53 20:38 27 Nov 07

Well done on taking the leap into a career change, and good luck with it.

Sorry can't help with agencies.

best of luck mate, may not be too far behind you.

interzone55 21:54 27 Nov 07

Look to big warehouses like Argos, Asda, Tesco etc they'll fall over themselves for someone with a valid FLT licence.

If you're willing to work anti-social hours all the better.

Devil Fish 22:19 27 Nov 07

may be a place to start jobcentre plus online job search

click here

best of luck to you

bluto1 22:28 27 Nov 07

Go for it lad, it's your sort of guts we need in this country.

PalaeoBill 22:29 27 Nov 07

Try prime time recruitment.

click here

rdave13 01:21 28 Nov 07

Just go to any supermarkets or factories in your area and present yourself as looking for work and ask if it's possible to see the manager. State your qualifications (fork lift driver, nothing else) and see what happens. Take your licence with you of course.
Seems to impress the managers or owners if you look to be able to get off your backside and do the job hunting yourself. Worked well for me in times past. Usually the office staff that, if you're lucky, you'll meet will take down your particulars and will also note that you visited personally.
Good luck.

crosstrainer 07:04 28 Nov 07

Also try B and Q. They have a reputation for employing people in your situation.

click here

Good Luck in your new career, and be careful with those forklifts...nearly got mowed down by one the other week when visiting a clients' wharehouse :)

Quickbeam 09:24 28 Nov 07

If you don't want a boring daily routine, think about working in a builders merchant environment. No two minutes will be the same and there will be a lot of humour... not for the faint hearted!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now