I've had enough... I want some quiet!!!

Rigga 15:46 28 Jul 04

Why oh why do PC manufacturers think that a new PC that sounds like it has a jet engine in it is ok?

I know some PC makers are better than others.. My sister's Dell is almost silent next to my Mesh.

I know the CPU needs cooling, but why don't they at least give options when ordering a PC to make it quieter? I for one would have gladly paid an extra £50, to have an almost silent PC.

I opened the case and tracked the noise down to the CPU fan, if I slow it down slightly with my finger the noise goes away.. hurrah!!! but I don't want to sit under my desk holding my finger on my CPU fan.. although interesting.. it isn't much fun!!

So I am fitting a new CPU fan and heat sink (Zalman Super Flower Cooler CNPS7000B-ALCU) from Quiet PC click here I ordered it this morning, at a cost of almost £50.

Hopefully, this will sort my noise problem out.

Just thought I'd get this off my chest.
Thanks for listening, as always. :-)

Rigga 15:48 28 Jul 04

P.S I should have probably posted this in speakers corner.. oops.. Any chance of moving it FE?

Rigga 15:57 28 Jul 04

Thanks FE!

€dstowe 16:17 28 Jul 04

All my new machines are in Antec Sonata cases with Quiet PC sound insulation and Zalman coolers. They are almost silent.

I'm in the process of putting either Zalman coolers or a large fan on a Zalman bracket in my other (noisy) machines.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…