ITVs Primeval gets the Chop

jakimo 13:18 15 Jun 09

ITV claim the cost of the computer created creatures was costing to much,pity as it was a successful program

click here

dagnammit 13:20 15 Jun 09

Never watched it.

lofty29 16:25 15 Jun 09

Although many people regard it as rubbish, I greatly enjoyed it and will miss it, they will probably replace it with yet more junk reality or game shows. When you look at TV now so much is either soaps or dross.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:35 15 Jun 09

I watched most of the series in the vain hope that it would improve but it was truly dire. The script seemed to be written by a children's co-operative on a wet afternoon in Cleckhuddersfax (the same one that writes Robin Hood). No great loss.

G

laurie53 20:13 15 Jun 09

"I watched most of the series in the vain hope that it would improve"

Well, well!

I would never have had you down as an incurable optimist!

canarieslover 20:28 15 Jun 09

Anyone who would fight a Balrog has to be an incurable optimist. I would have thought Primeval rather tame after that!!!

Legolas 20:32 15 Jun 09

You are certainly more of an optimist than me, I normally like this type of science-fiction/fantasy stuff, but after a couple of views I couldn't stand the bad acting and poor scripts any more, no loss in my opinion

Forum Editor 20:58 15 Jun 09

it was a toss up between Primeval and Robin Hood as to which programme received the 'biggest insult to the audience's intelligence' award.

In the end I think it's a dead heat.

Legolas 21:34 15 Jun 09

Ah now you have mentioned it, RH was truly terrible

BT 08:12 16 Jun 09

We gave up watching it halfway through the first series.
The historical inaccuracies were horrendous.
In one episode set in a gambling room, it was lit by what appeared to be a rectangular arrangement of pipework with GAS JETS, hundreds of years before gas was 'invented'
In another young lads were using catapults with RUBBER fitments...
And the obvious evidence of BRA STRAPS through the womens clothing....

Grey Goo 08:54 16 Jun 09

You forget the State School system probably taught these scriptwriters History, either that or it was thought more "progressive" to screw around with an already semi ficticious character and create this pantomime. Come back Richard Greene.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…