Its worth an Email.

gengiscant 12:00 23 Mar 11

I recently received my gas bill which informed me that my direct debit payment was going up from£49.00 to £57.00 a month, a 16.3%, which I thought was unacceptable.

I emailed British gas asking for a detailed breakdown of the increase, I received a phone call the next day from a very nice woman who said she felt the increase was high and would send me a revised notification that the increase would only be £3.00 and hoped that was acceptable.

In the past I have had a bit of bother with British Gas so it was refreshing that my complaint was dealt with in this manner so promptly.

I wonder how many folks just accept any rise with out so much as a murmer.

So worth a quick email I think.

Covergirl 12:28 23 Mar 11

The original £57 was a figure probably generated by an intelligent computer program.

Pit a brain against a computer and the computer might be faster but the brain makes sense.

Kevscar1 15:16 23 Mar 11

I got one from my electricity supplier saying mine was going up by approx £20 per month and telling me they were refunding £150 overpayment. When I phoned she said it was because my electricty use had shot up in the last 6 months. I wonder why. Anyway told her to keep the overpayment and reduce the rise. Would have thought they would have offered to do that on the bill.

spuds 16:13 23 Mar 11

"I wonder how many folks just accept any rise with out so much as a murmur"

Ask the same about other items like insurances etc.

Its called loyalty (except if you are a new customer?).

sunnystaines 16:22 23 Mar 11

£49 a month do you use a lot.

beeuuem 17:45 23 Mar 11

These things are relative click here
Where you live can have a big impact on youe bille. While I gather the South of England had a reasonable summer last year, in 'sunny' Edinburgh my heating was barely off.

beeuuem 17:45 23 Mar 11

'youe bille' or even 'your bills'!

sunnystaines 18:09 23 Mar 11

time to pack your bag and move south.

does your home have stone walls i understand this need a lot of heating to keep the damp out, seen a lot of these homes in edingbugh

DippyGirl 22:58 23 Mar 11

Watson?
That said programs are neither intelligent nor unintelligent - programmers on the other hand tend to the latter

beeuuem 01:55 24 Mar 11

No damp even though the walls are stone, I'm on the first floor of what in London would be called mews
with the ground floor being the garage.
I sort of accidentally ended up in Edinburgh after 20 years in Africa. I wouldn't want to move South thank you, even though I'm English.
There are compensations for the weather and once a decade we get a good summer. The next one is overdue!

sunnystaines 12:23 24 Mar 11

we like some parts of scotland too, ayr,troon , edingburgh, fife.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…