Its snowing

Jimmy14 22:15 16 Jan 07

Anyone got snow yet? Just started up here in Scotland, I'm near Glasgow.

rodriguez 22:18 16 Jan 07

Not for me yet I'm in Birmingham. It might move south though later on...about time anyway. I thought we weren't going to get any this year.

mammak 22:28 16 Jan 07

That’s it I am jealous I am in Dumfries & Galloway we have had frost no snow though
not fair I tell you :-).

Strawballs 22:34 16 Jan 07

We havn't had snow for years!!!

what happened to snow? we used to get snowed in every other winter when i was a kid, days of school etc, my brother lives in the states and has a place in boston they get about a foot to 3 foot every year! mind you if we get a centimetre the country grinds to a halt so its probably just as well!!

jorel 22:58 16 Jan 07

I spend my winter months in Hungary every year. So far it has been unusually warm here and not a single flake of snow. First time I can remember not having snow here in Hungary by the middle of January.

josie mayhem 23:10 16 Jan 07

I'm off to bed in a sulk... No snow here and none likley...

A big change from 20 years ago, we were snowed in, my oldest daughter was only 2 months old I was very concerned how I was going to keep her warm with the outside temps droping down to -18 at night.

I couldn't go out for over a week, a nightmare at the time but boy do I miss snow...

wee eddie 23:39 16 Jan 07

I'm in Ayr.

It's raining as usual!

Input Overload 23:52 16 Jan 07

From the met office:
The Met Office continues to forecast another spell of very windy weather during Thursday 18th January. Severe gales are expected across much of England and Wales, possibly extending further north into Northern Ireland and Southern Scotland, with gusts in many parts of around 60-70 miles per hour, and a risk of some gusts around 80 miles per hour, particularly in upland or exposed places. Winds are expected to ease from the west during Thursday afternoon. Some disruption to transport and utilities (power) is expected. This warning will be updated by 1100 on Wednesday 17th January 2007.

PurplePenny 23:54 16 Jan 07

No snow here. Haven't seen any proper snow in years :-((

Friend went home to Poland for Christmas: no snow. She said they always have snow where her family lives but this year it was 10 degrees above normal!

I shall join Josie in a sulk.

Kate B 00:28 17 Jan 07

I can't stand snow. Last week arriving in Seattle we landed through a snowstorm, which was kind of alarming; and the city had ground to a complete halt. That's what I don't like about snow. It looked very pretty - Narnia-like - but the city wasn't geared up for it at all and it made getting in from the airport difficult.

I grew up in Canada where serious amounts of snow are dumped every winter and most of the cities just get on with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos