Its just not Christmas

medicine hat 14:09 13 Dec 06

I'm sure psychologists using big words could explain why I don't feel like its Christmas until I hear those magic words

Watch out
Look around
Something's coming
Coming to town

Something magic
In the night
Can you see it
Shining bright

Now I've read somewhere that I won't be hearing it this year. Please tell me it ain't so. Cos its just not Christmas without those magic words. And the big red trucks.

Cymro. 18:01 13 Dec 06

See the posting by Z1100 on this section of the forum but don`t aggravate the Forum Editor as I think that someone already has.

PurplePenny 18:05 13 Dec 06

Sorry, I don't even know where those words come from!

As far as I'm concerned it's just not Christmas until midnight on Christmas Eve. Up until then it is Advent.

ed-0 18:14 13 Dec 06

I agree. I am sure we discussed this at work today. Someone chirped up with it's only 11 days to Christmas but was quickly contradicted with it's 12 days.

The upshot was that it's just 11 shopping days to Christmas, while Christmas day is 12 days away.

So medicine hat you say " Its just not Christmas "

Is quite correct, you'll have to wait another 12 days like the rest of us. 0)))

Mr Mistoffelees 18:33 13 Dec 06

Some people really do need to get out more!

anskyber 19:32 13 Dec 06

The long dark nights and the short days seem to have a strange effect.

HondaMan 10:34 14 Dec 06

its the Woolworths advert

lisa02 11:26 14 Dec 06

HondaMan it's the Coca Cola "trucks advert"

medicine hat 14:13 14 Dec 06

Getting out aint going to solve the problem cos then when will I hear that magical tune?

Mr Mistoffelees 16:45 14 Dec 06

You hum it, I'll play it!!

Forum Editor 17:56 14 Dec 06

a brisk walk in the fresh air. Reliance on a TV ad to put you in the mood for Christmas is a worrying sign, and needs to be nipped in the bud.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…