It's Here

morddwyd 08:06 AM 20 Oct 11

Going over the hill to St Andrews yesterday saw the first white stuff of the year up in the hills.

Quickbeam 08:21 AM 20 Oct 11

Sounds very Christmassy:)

morddwyd 08:25 AM 20 Oct 11

Sounds very cold, miserable and unpleasant more like!

Quickbeam 08:33 AM 20 Oct 11

After two extremely cold winters, the childhood memories of snowy fun winters aren't such fun in real life now, but if the halcyon hot summers of childhood memories returned, I'd be quite happy.

BT 08:38 AM 20 Oct 11

Frost on the roofs and ice on the windscreens here in Norwich this morning.

Quickbeam 08:42 AM 20 Oct 11

Maybe the 6 snowploughs were just on training manoeuvres...

gengiscant 08:42 AM 20 Oct 11

Had to give in an put the heating on up here in a "crisp" Edinburgh.

BT 08:43 AM 20 Oct 11

six snowploughs

Saw a Gritting Lorry heading into Norwich on that very hot Thursday 2 weeks ago. I was on my way home from having my eye Lasered at the Hospital but I really wasn't seeing things - Honest!!

interzone55 09:29 AM 20 Oct 11

BT

The gritter manoeuvres were on the news - something to do with training a new batch of drivers and checking everything was working

Aitchbee 15:28 PM 20 Oct 11

...my indoor electric psychedelic snowman has got a twinkle in his eye...unplugged.

spuds 15:48 PM 20 Oct 11

For the first time this year, we had a very red breasted Robin strutting all his stuff, in the garden yesterday. Was that a warning or a pleasant 'birdy' experience?.

I have noticed that the local council have put out quite a number of roadside grit bunkers, and have informed the public that grit stocks are high, and the gangs are prepared and ready to roll.

In my neck of the woods, last week was part 'T' shirts, sun and shorts, today its digging out the thermals and central heating.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to choose a photographer

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone