It's getting closer. Are you worried?

BillSers 11:37 01 Sep 14

The dreaded Ebola click here

Quickbeam 12:51 01 Sep 14

I'll get some paracetamol in.

john bunyan 12:58 01 Sep 14

What worries me is the disgusting trade in "Bush meat" smuggled into the UK. There should be a big crackdown, and, where possible, deportation (if law allows), of those involved in this so - called trade. I think that is our greatest risk of Ebola here.

Bush meat

HondaMan 13:53 01 Sep 14

I seem to remember that AIDs started off as a very few people who became ill at the slightest provocation!

spuds 14:02 01 Sep 14

Its getting closer.

It looks like it as already arrived?. click here

BillSers 15:03 01 Sep 14

We're a long way from a situation where we need to start worrying here in the UK.

That's probably what the Swedes said a few days ago.

What worries me is the disgusting trade in "Bush meat" smuggled into the UK. There should be a big crackdown, and, where possible, deportation (if law allows), of those involved in this so - called trade. I think that is our greatest risk of Ebola here.

It mostly comes in from West Africa to places like Brixton.

sunnystaines 19:39 01 Sep 14

i worked at heathrow yars ago and nigerians would bring in suitcases of large dead rats and very smelly dried fish and meat of unknown source

Forum Editor 22:27 01 Sep 14

In a word, no.

spuds 23:19 01 Sep 14

In a word, no

I recall thinking that in my travelling days, until I caught a few nasties. But all that was put down to later experiences, and still doesn't bother me today?.

If you are going to catch something, then you will?.

Forum Editor 07:42 02 Sep 14

As for it getting closer, the Swedish case (if it is confirmed as Ebola) is in a woman who fell ill after visiting an area known to be hit by the virus.

So she got close to it, rather than the other way round. The salient point about Ebola virus is that it is not airborne; it can't travel the world in the air inside planes, ships, or cars, it has to travel inside people. You catch it by coming into contact with the body fluids of an infected person.

The chances of you getting it in this country are so slight that it's not worth worrying about for more than a nanosecond.

caccy 16:48 03 Sep 14

From the title I thought the subject was going to be about a forbidden topic that sometimes rears its head about this time of the year!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…