Its a dogs life

ronalddonald 23:09 13 May 10

click here

whats your view on this

al's left peg 23:20 13 May 10

Ultimately it's the taxpayer that picks up the bill so yes, I think it would be beneficial to destroy the animals in question.

Forum Editor 23:21 13 May 10

Why should I pay for the Metropolitan Police to keep 451 dogs at my expense?

ronalddonald 23:41 13 May 10

My view is that the dogs should be put down yet their will be others who would love to have the kept alive yet i don't believe these dogs can changed if they have been bred for wrong purposes eg by drug dealers.

There will be dog with good owners have been turned violent by neglect and dogs owners who could be bothered to take care of mans so called best friend

morddwyd 07:58 14 May 10

The superintendent has it right.

Until the legal process is completed these dogs are other people's property, and police seizures and destruction of private citizens' property is rightly very strictly controlled.

What is needed is a change in the law so that the legal procedures do not take so long.

It should also be possible for the police to obtain reimbursement of costs where the case goes against the owner, though I'm sure the press would have a field day with owners being charged for their pets to be killed.

Quickbeam 08:05 14 May 10

Aren't the owners responsible for kennelling costs if they lose the legal process?

morddwyd 08:25 14 May 10

"Aren't the owners responsible for kennelling costs if they lose the legal process?"

If that is the case then the £10m is only the cost where the police lose the legal case, and it is right that they should pay it.

ronalddonald 09:43 14 May 10

The owners should pay for kenneling since they allowed their dogs to become dangerous. May be laws that seize assets should be applied here as well if owners are reluctant to pay.

Quickbeam 10:44 14 May 10

My dog's insurance covers that potencies cost.

Quickbeam 10:59 14 May 10

'potential'... can't do with spell correctors that try to think they know what I mean!

Al94 11:04 14 May 10

Think of the potential savings if it applied to dangerous prisoners as well!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…