It's Cold!

morddwyd 12:12 26 Jan 10

They picked a hell of a day to replace the gas main and have the gas (CH) off all day!

Seth Haniel 13:07 26 Jan 10

something to do with the weather I expect

;)

Picklefactory 13:21 26 Jan 10

Can you sit round your breadmaker?

The smell will make you feel warm too ;o)

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:34 26 Jan 10

I cannot believe that this is happening at this time of year.

G

Forum Editor 16:30 26 Jan 10

it would be a waste of resources to have people sitting around waiting for a warm day before doing the job.

peter99co 16:43 26 Jan 10

Or the old gas supply was considered to be unsafe to leave any longer.

WhiteTruckMan 17:34 26 Jan 10

It's character building!

WTM

morddwyd 19:37 26 Jan 10

"I cannot believe that this is happening at this time of year."

It may be that someone is actually trying a bit of forward planning as the LA intend to resurface the road in the next few weeks.

Gas back on at 4.20, by which time we were pretty chilled!

Woolwell 20:14 26 Jan 10

It doesn't have to be gas going off because a power cut can cause more havoc. No central heating because the boiler needs power to light and the pump doesn't run. Gas fire needs a fan for the flue. No standby electric fires, etc.

Woolwell 20:14 26 Jan 10

It doesn't have to be gas going off because a power cut can cause more havoc. No central heating because the boiler needs power to light and the pump doesn't run. Gas fire needs a fan for the flue. No standby electric fires, etc.

oldbeefer2 21:39 26 Jan 10

In the depths of the very cold weather a week or so ago, a southern electricity company decided to cut power to umpteen homes for 2 days so they could cut branches near some wires. "in case it snows" was the reason. Slight lack of forward thinking, methinks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant