IT Technical Training (pitman Training)

jim.smith2721 09:10 08 Jul 08

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help? I am trying to change my career and enter the IT industry I have looked at many different training providers, after having really pushy sales men round my house from Skills train and Computeach. I am in two minds who to go for, I went to Pitman Training who seem really nice you go to them and there is no real hard sale, Can any recommend Pitman Training or at least tell me what the training was like, I am a bit put off by skills train as other forums don't speak very highly of them.

Thanks for any help

Pamy 10:30 08 Jul 08

How old are you Jim, and give us an idea of what your abilities are like

jim.smith2721 10:39 08 Jul 08

I am 23, I have built machines at home and I know how to get two machines to talk to each other. I can install operating systems and install drivers etc but I have never used a server before.

I have used microsoft office, windows 98 2000 and xp

Stuartli 10:51 08 Jul 08

I wonder if this is a follow up to the original Pitman training centre (of shorthand fame) which is keeping pace with modern technology?

It's been in business for 16 years, according to the website, and is a franchise operation.

Pamy 11:20 08 Jul 08

You will find that most courses start very low and that you will have to do them before you can move on to the more advanced ones. You may be better to try and get a job in IT, no matter how lowly while you study. I had to do a C.L.A.I.T course before moving on to a level 2 Diploma for IT Practitioners (ICT Systems Support)

jim.smith2721 11:27 08 Jul 08

Hi Guys, I have tried but most of them are asking for at least A+ N+ etc, I know Pitman Training do these courses what I really want to know is, What are Pitman Training like and will there training get me a job!

Pamy 11:33 08 Jul 08

As I have said, I do ot think ou will start at A+ Yo had better ask them . There training is not going to provide a job at the end.

Chris the Ancient 15:43 08 Jul 08

Jim

Have you thought of asking your local colleges what they have on offer? Quite often a cheaper way to learn - usually with the advantage of direct access to a tutor as well.

As an aside, I presume that you have read the thread on SkillsTrain in this site? click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…