Is it still illegal to lock your kids in the shed?

spikeychris 20:47 01 Mar 05

Or has some forward thinking individual changed matters? My daughter was having problems connecting to the net on her machine so she used a 50 foot Cat5 cable of mine to hook up to my server. I didn’t know about this as I was poorly in bed. She then downloaded edonkey and started raiding the net. Now I don’t know how this system works but assigned IP’s where changed and I couldn’t log on to the net. I ran M$’s spyware tool and got a shed load of responses and I has to re-assign all my IP’s and reconfigure DNS. Pointing this out to my daughter was pointless as she reckons I should just have used system restore. Win2K3 however doesn’t employ system restore and I told her so. Well that’s not my fault is it she replied.

The upside of this is I have discovered how to enable system restore on 2K3 but if there is a by-law somewhere in the country that would look kindly on a father who feels he ought to go and buy a new padlock I’m prepared to move house……………..

Happy Soul 20:56 01 Mar 05

No, never has been.

stalion 20:59 01 Mar 05

Is it still illegal to lock your kids in the shed?
if there was a fire and they could not get out could be the last time that it was done.

Jackcoms 21:20 01 Mar 05

I'm with you on this.

Lock them in the shed but take several precautions:

Make sure the neighbours don't see or hear you.

Chuck in a blanket as well (it might be a cold night).

You MIGHT also consider throwing in breakfast sometime tomorrow.

Just to be on the safe side, don't forget where you put the key to the shed tonight.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 21:28 01 Mar 05

"Is it still illegal to lock your kids in the shed?"

happens to me all the time ;-)

Jackcoms 21:43 01 Mar 05

I trust you take your homework with you.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 21:54 01 Mar 05

UUmmm........

The dog ate it?

Jackcoms 22:05 01 Mar 05

That's one of the oldest excuses in the book, isn't it?

Thank God, I'm not your teacher.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 22:43 01 Mar 05

Me too.

Totally-braindead 00:06 02 Mar 05

I'll say this for your daughter shes pretty clever with the cabling, computers too for that matter. Just out of curiousity how old is this unsung genius of computer cabling, perhaps a future computer enginerr or something similar. Mates got a daughter of 18 who lives in a flat elsewhere and when she visits uses his computer. Everytime she goes away again he has to virus scan and run adaware etc. She can't seem to get it into her head that if you go to some of the sites she goes to and download some of the files that she downloads its going to cause problems. All this even after her mucking up her own computer so badly that she can't use it. Basically its needing blanked and a clean install on it. You would think that after that she would realise there is a problem here. But no she still says the same things, its not my problem, thats nothing to do with me or the unforgetable I never touched it, even when you find her tapping away on the computer. Don't you just love kids.

wiz-king 11:12 02 Mar 05

As you are obviously a male who has the guardianship duties towards a vunerable female who appears to be in danger of physical/mental abuse from you, I think that it is more PC to have you and your computers locked in the shed. You should be a member or 'anti-fathers4Justice' and campaign for less social contact with your daughter.

I speak in jest of course!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5