It really makes you want to spit!!

BT 17:17 PM 27 Jun 12

Soldiers refused serviced because they were in uniform. Its not as if they even wanted alcohol.

Soldiers refused a coffee

Aitchbee 17:25 PM 27 Jun 12

My good friend (I was with him) got refused a drink in a Glasgow pub - "The Goose" because he had joggy-bottoms on (...he didn't have any socks on either.) We just went to another pub.

Housten 17:26 PM 27 Jun 12

Words fail me!!!!!!

Why not try and get the soldiers to mount a blockade. put the inconsiderate ill-informed owner out of business?

Seems reasonable to me!

BT 17:59 PM 27 Jun 12

Why not try and get the soldiers to mount a blockade

Seems there's a Facebook campaign. I just haven't found it yet, but I shared it on my Facebook page.

Woolwell 17:59 PM 27 Jun 12

The Facebook campaign may well succeed in knocking his profits.

However it is not clear what they were wearing as this was the rehearsal for the funeral. Bar staff were still wrong.

Woolwell 18:03 PM 27 Jun 12

Should have read the local paper first. They were wearing their ceremonial uniforms.

Joseph Kerr 18:37 PM 27 Jun 12

So no one thought to tell the pub about the funeral at the time. Had they done so, this would not have happened. Seems simple enough, though, like fourm member, I wonder why they have such a policy.

Woolwell 19:22 PM 27 Jun 12

Pubs having a policy of not serving people in uniform is not new and regrettably occurs in many places. Servicemen have a reputation of creating or being the cause of disturbances in some places. I gather that on this occasion their commanding officer was at the funeral and it would be interesting if he too was refused entry.

Forum Editor 19:35 PM 27 Jun 12

"I cannot understand why a bar would have a policy of not serving people in uniform."

I can. They've obviously had trouble with soldiers in the past. This incident shouldn't have happened, but I'm guessing that the owner/manager wasn't present at the time, and the duty staff blindly operated the policy without stopping to think.

It shouldn't have happened, but it did, and I imagine that everyone involved regrets it. Mounting campaigns to boycott the bar involved is a ridiculous response to a single unfortunate incident, but I guess there are plenty of people only too ready to jump on the bandwagon.

Aitchbee 21:11 PM 27 Jun 12

"...if you don't want to be around rowdy people I recommend not selling alcohol."

Sherbet Dabs are much safer.

Aitchbee 21:31 PM 27 Jun 12

It's possible that one of the lads had been barred previously from the pub, and was refused service...the other soldiers would have walked out in support of their comrade. It does happen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…