It might get a bit smelly

smartpoly 13:36 23 Aug 10

click here

A couple of months before rescue!

How do you keep busy for that long? 33 of them in a space the size of a small flat. I hope they get on with each other.

Bingalau 13:43 23 Aug 10

They have no option but to get on with each other.

peter99co 14:35 23 Aug 10

God speed the drill.

Blackhat 14:48 23 Aug 10

They are now saying at least 4 month before rescue. Now that really is long time in the same room.
click here

johndrew 15:01 23 Aug 10

I guess it is now incumbent on the rescuers to drill more (and if possible) bigger holes to provide ventilation, water, food, power and communications. One smallish hole - I've seen it reported as the size of a grapefruit - is not going to be enough.

peter99co 16:33 23 Aug 10

Rescuers plan to send narrow plastic tubes down the narrow borehole already drilled with food, hydration gels and equipment that will allow them to communicate with relatives - including cameras and microphones.

morddwyd 20:36 23 Aug 10

It's a long time until you realise the alternative would last for all eternity!

johndrew 09:39 24 Aug 10

Might sound a bit grim, but it would all depend on how deep future archaeologists dug!!

lotvic 09:46 24 Aug 10

I just hope they get them all out safely.
It's a horrendous situation to be in.

peter99co 17:55 24 Aug 10

They have connected then up to the surface by phone but have decided not to tell them it may be December before they get out.

If the drill breaks they will only tell them after it has been repaired.

Plan B?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…