Is it just me?

smudge101 22:33 25 Nov 04

I have been messing about with computers for many years now, I started programming with Cobol & assembler in the early eighties and have been both self taught and then studied at Uni. I am lucky enough now to be doing my hobby for a living (so I should be reasonably competent).
But the thing that really amazes me is this: everytime I look around these forums or decide to study a new area I am suprised by just how much I do NOT know.
I guess it is the old "The more I learn the less I know" syndrome.
Is it just me or does anybody else find the same thing?

Jackcoms 23:11 25 Nov 04

Yep, we all find the same thing.

If anyone tells you they know it all, they're either a liar, a self-opinionated bore or both! :-)

stalion 23:19 25 Nov 04

Bandy 18:30 26 Nov 04

The day I think I kbow it all will br the day that I really know that I've gone ga ga

paddyjack 20:02 26 Nov 04

But remember that your offspring assume that you know it all

smudge101 20:13 26 Nov 04

I know the person you mean, I am sure I have met him!

Chris the Ancient 20:16 26 Nov 04

If you know a little bit more than the other guy, *you* are the genius!

jack 20:45 26 Nov 04

I have always found that , when you get to the platau, theres another to scale just along a bit.

I have also found that when ever I am told by an expert that 'No lad it cant be done' I get this feeling that someone somewhere - just did
Keep at.
There is always some thing you dont know or as in my case - did know but now I need the gen have to come here to be told it all over again.

Mysticnas 21:28 28 Nov 04

"But remember that your offspring assume that you know it all"

"your offspring assume you 'think' you know it all"

watchful 18:16 30 Nov 04

Most people probably feel this way. I feel that I know nothing about computers when I read some of these threads and I'm sure it's true that 'the more you learn, the less you know.'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…