It just had to be Essex!!

canarieslover 18:25 21 Oct 08

And not all police drivers are blondes!!!!
click here

bluto1 19:16 21 Oct 08

Oh! dear. Oh! bloomin' dear. I love it.

WhiteTruckMan 19:43 21 Oct 08

I would have a pump nozzle with a locking collar and matching fitting on the car. The collar would engage with a half twist, and would not dispense without being locked in place. Likewise it would need to be locked back on to the dispensing pump after use, which could be monitored by the kiosk attendant to prevent accidental damage from driving off.

But the good bit comes from a clockwise fitting for petrol and anticlock for derv.

It sounds more fiddly than it actually is. Just ask anyone who has owned an LPG car.

WTM

Condom 20:01 21 Oct 08

Won't argue with you there. And that lot are writing tickets for us. I have a great photo which would add to this but don't know how to post it.

BT 08:07 23 Oct 08

Upload your picture to
click here
and post the link on here.

birdface 13:19 23 Oct 08

Unfortunately I have done it myself.Only found out by the petrol fumes wafting up to my nose.Mind you It makes a nice smoke screen if anyone is chasing you.

john bunyan 16:56 23 Oct 08

I have a diesel car, my wife a petrol one; I have a small garden diesel tractor and a petrol mower. I have also mistakenly put petrol in my car in a moment of inattention. Cost quite a bit to get it out etc. My local breakdown people say they get about 10 a week!

ventanas 17:00 23 Oct 08

So if there are that many mistakes with different type of fuel perhaps the Essex police have got it right, and why not.

Guess where I come from.

canarieslover 18:29 23 Oct 08

Hey I'm from Essex too and I'm blonde, or at least I was when I had hair.

Bapou 19:00 23 Oct 08

After seven years of diesel, three weeks ago I changed to a petrol driven car.

Collecting from the dealer, first stop was to fill up, had hardly got out of car when a voice from the passenger seat shouted, "Don't use the diesel pump!"

I didn't tell her that's all I'd been saying to myself for the entire 5 mile journey to the garage!

Forum Editor 22:45 23 Oct 08

and drove it from Heathrow to Guildford. I was young, it was late at night, and a company car, and I was simply concerned with getting home. The car ran beautifully, although it smoked like a factory chimney. The next day a local garage flushed the tank, and I drove the car for another year without any apparent ill-effect.

Engines were a lot less sophisticated then - I can imagine the catastrophe if I tried it with my current car.

The Essex Police solution makes good sense to me, and I'm surprised nobody thought of it before.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…