It is fairley quiet hear

Algerian peter ™ 13:16 PM 13 Oct 13
Answered

Think I will go and rake up some leaves in the garden.

Have had a large crop of courgettes and find it difficult to store them. Has any one any tips to stop them going of.

Pine Man 13:48 PM 13 Oct 13

Very quiet here!

Think I will go and rake up some leaves in the garden.

You're lucky - it's pouring down here:-(

Have had a large crop of courgettes and find it difficult to store them. Has any one any tips to stop them going of.

In my opinion throw them straight in the toilet and cut out the middle man. I hate them!!

Forum Editor 14:31 PM 13 Oct 13
Answer

You can freeze courgettes, but it's not worth the effort - they will become mushy and unpalatable. Eat them while they're fresh, and then throw away the surplus, there's no way of storing them effectively.

wee eddie 14:43 PM 13 Oct 13

Lots of onions, (tinned)tomatoes, and chopped courgettes > Sautee in butter or oil, (onions first) > season lightly.

Lots of, old, clean jam jars > heat in the oven at about 120'C for 30 minutes > fill with the hot, now, Pasta Sauce > put a small circle of greaseproof paper on the top > seal while still hot > store in a cool dark place.

Aitchbee 17:34 PM 13 Oct 13

Algerian peter, never mind the courgettes, I hope that you are recycling your raked-up leaves, so's you can make some lovely leaf-mold ... [hint:] 20 black bin-bags full of leaves [ if stored appropriately for about 2 years ] will rot down to 1 bagful of the 'precious stuff' !

Aitchbee 17:40 PM 13 Oct 13

wee eddie, would glass coffee jars be ok to store your home-made 'Pasta Sauce' as I don't have any 'jamjars'?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…