Irate famer destroys car

hssutton 15:00 PM 22 Jan 13

Farmer damages car with forklift

Where I live we are surrounded by ditches at the side of the roads with cars often skidding into them, but I've never heard of this happening before.

Quickbeam 15:12 PM 22 Jan 13

I suspect he'll get a bigger counter claim back for not doing the recovery properly with due care.

wiz-king 17:23 PM 22 Jan 13

I have a certain amount of sympathy for the farmer, he may have had to remove it to make the field fence sheep proof.

One of the fences at my stables is wrecked most years by motorists trying to drive up the steep hill on ice and skidding into my fence - I just hope the 7500v on the electric top wire gets them. I all the years I have been there only one driver has ever offered me some money to repair the damage caused.

chub_tor 17:36 PM 22 Jan 13

24 year old driver, £3,000 car, I wonder what his insurance deductible was, don't think he will do very well our of this.

Quickbeam 18:47 PM 22 Jan 13

No.

VCR97 19:05 PM 22 Jan 13

Couldn't the farmer have used his tractor to tow the car out of the ditch?

Quickbeam 19:08 PM 22 Jan 13

Yes...

Aitchbee 19:22 PM 22 Jan 13

This looks like a set up job! The Daily Mail being the setter uppers.

bumpkin 21:13 PM 22 Jan 13

fourm member, not the whole story at all in my opinion as it makes no sense. More to it than we are being told.

chub_tor 10:23 AM 23 Jan 13

If two stories are word for word the same then usually it is because someone has issued a press release, so whose interest was best served by doing that?

namtas 10:39 AM 23 Jan 13

I should imagine that the car insurance company will be speaking to the farmer.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 release date, price, features UK: Free upgrade available July 29 with 10 years of free…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay